Jewish Genealogy & Family History
Avotaynu Online intends to stimulate collaboration among genealogists and historians in all its forms, with a particular focus on Jewish genealogy.
Leading participants will give in-depth reports on events and discoveries in all areas of interest to genealogists, with a particular attention being paid to the following subject areas:
- Conferences and meetings
- DNA projects
- Online family trees
- Social networking
- New genealogical standards suitable for the Internet age
- Developments in related fields (i.e., history, law, computer science) that have an impact on Jewish genealogy and family history.
Editorial office: c/o Penobscot, 545 Cedar Lane, Teaneck, NJ 07666
We have many sponsorship opportunities for people and organizations wishing to support its efforts to promote Jewish genealogy and family history. Please contact us for further information.
Publisher: Gary Mokotoff Editor in Chief: Sallyann Sack-Pickus
Managing Editor: Adam R. Brown
Web Producer: Jacob E. Brown
The objective of Avotaynu Online is to bring to genealogists the best writing in our field, with a special focus on Jewish genealogy. We are particularly interested in original thinking that will improve genealogical practice and teach us something about Jewish family history.
We have a rigorous peer-review and editing process in which we check manuscripts for accuracy, novelty, and importance.
Each article we publish benefits from many hours of work by editors and web producers, and if necessary, subject matter experts, all of whom work together to insure that each article meets our standards.
We continually strive to keep our reputation for providing accurate reporting of research and best practices in Jewish genealogy.
Unsolicited manuscripts are welcome if sent via email in MS Word format to AvotaynuOnline@gmail.com.
Please include with your submission
- your current contact information including cellphone number
- proposed digital media files in .tif or .jpg format. with greater than 300 dpi resolution
By submitting your work, you are warranting:
- that the work itself is entirely of your own creation,
- that the ideas of others are properly attributed, and
- that you have obtained necessary permission to use all media in our publication.
We reserve the right to approve or disapprove any submission in our sole discretion.